Welcome to the camp, I guess you all know why we're here
Site under maintenance
THC BBS is currently undergoing some final changes before our scheduled launch.
Sharpen your pinball skills, Campers!
Title: Chocolate marble cake - lowfat
Categories: Cakes, Chocolate, Desserts, Low-fat/low
Yield: 12 Servings
2 c Cake flour
1 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Baking soda
1/2 ts Salt
1 1/3 c Sugar -- divided
1/3 c Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ts Instant coffee powder -- or
1/4 c Water
1 lg Egg
1 lg Egg white
6 tb Unsalted butter -- softened,
1 c Plain nonfat yogurt
2 ts Vanilla extract
1. Position rack in lower third of oven. Heat to 350F. Coat 8- or
10-cup fluted tube pan with spray.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. In
another bowl, stir 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa, coffee, and water until
smooth. Whisk whole egg and egg white in cup; set aside.
3. Beat butter in mixer bowl until creamy, 1 min. Gradually add
remaining 1 cup sugar and beat at high speed abt. 3 min. Gradually
add eggs; beat 2 min.
4. W/ mixer at low speed, add dry ingred. alternately w/yogurt, beg.
and ending with dry ingred.; beat until well blended. Measure 1 1/2
cups batter and stir into cocoa mix.
5. Spoon about 3 quarters of the white batter evenly into bottom of
tube pan. Spoon on dollops of chocolate batter, then small dollops
of white batter over the chocolate. Draw small knife thru batters in
zigzag motion to marbleize. Be careful not to overblend.
6. Bake 45-50 min, until toothpick insert in center of cake comes out
clean. Cool in pan 10-15 min. Unmold cake; cool completely.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here! How're we doing?
Have you spotted a recipe on this site that is
erroneous, incomplete, dangerous, in an inappropriate category, or that may infringe a copyright? If so,
please make a note of the "Recipe ID" number at the bottom of the
recipe's page and e-mail us with your